Born in Kortrijk in the Orwellian year 1984, living in the picturesque city of Ghent, working as a human science teacher in Brussels, where the spirit of Magritte lives on.
Street photography reflects my passion for exploring human society and the human mind (including my own). For me, the photographic experience is all about embracing and escaping the now at the same time. It’s an existential experience, because it involves a quest for relationships and connections between urban and human elements, for the deeper levels of the visual language (with light, composition and color as my favorite photographic tools) which constitute our perception and understanding of reality.
On a metaphysical level, I see photography as a way of questioning the conflict between the human tendency to seek meaning and purpose in life and the human inability to find any. When embracing the absurdity of human existence (as Camus suggested), photography becomes a quest for a reality that is beyond the absurd, with the possibily of creating meaning in a nonsensical world, a transcendent realm where anything is possible.
Awards & Prizes
- Fotonale Brugge 2017, Third Prize.
- Fotocafé Kortrijk 2017, Second Prize.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2017 contest, First Prize.
- Brussels Street Photography Festival 2016, International Singles Public Award.
- Italian Street Photo Festival 2018, 13 - 15 Apr 2018, Officine Fotografiche, Rome (IT).
- Fotonale Brugge 2017, 6 - 14 Jan 2018, Brugotta Hal Burg, Bruges (BE).
- Brussels Street Photography Festival 2017, 6 - 20 Oct 2017, Galerie Ravenstein, Brussels (BE).
- URBAN Photo Awards Contest 2017 (exhibit previews), 8 - 21 Aug 2017, Lastriko, Krakow (PL).
- World Street Photography 4, 20 Jul - 27 Aug 2017, Gudberg Nerger gallery, Hamburg (DE).
- Internationaal Fotofestival Overpelt 2017, 18 Jun - 31 Aug 2017, city centre, Overpelt (BE).
- London Photo Festival 2017, 18 - 20 May 2017, Crypt of St George the Martyr church, London (UK).
- Street Sans Frontières, 12 - 14 May 2017, Espace des Arts Sans Frontières, Paris (FR).
- Brussels Street Photography Festival 2016, 28 Oct - 11 Nov 2016, Galerie Ravenstein, Brussels (BE).
- World Street Photography 3, 21 Jul - 28 Aug 2016, Gudberg Nerger gallery, Hamburg (DE).
- The APF Magazine, March 2018. Best of street photography from February & March 2018.
- Streethunters.net, February 2018. Winner of the February 2018 Street Photography Contest.
- On SPOT, September 2017. Featured photographer of the week in the On SPOT Facebook group.
- LensCulture, July 2017. Featured in the LensCulture Street Photography Awards 2017 Competition Gallery.
- The Photo Academy Magazine, July 2017. "Building Urban Practices: the Brussels Street ...".
- DIGIFOTOPro, June 2017. "In de spotlight: ‘King of My Castle’ van Jeffrey de Keyser" (NL).
- 121clicks.com, July 2016. "Street Photography & The Art Of Composition".
- StreetShootr.com, June 2016. "11 More Street Photography Clichés And How To Avoid Them".
- Streethunters.net, April 2016. Winner of the April 2016 Street Photography Contest.
- The APF Magazine, October 2015. Shortlisted for the "APF Inspiration Awards 5.0".
- More >>
- 121clicks.com, April 2018. Interview with the popular photography website 121clicks.com.
- Centrum voor Beeldexpressie, April 2017. Interview with the Belgian Centre for Visual Expression (NL).
- Bruxelles Bondy Blog, October 2016. Interview about the Brussels Street Photography Festival (FR).
- Straatfotografie.nl, September 2016. Interview for the HIGH5 section (NL).
- The Photography Workshop, April 2015. Interview about street photography.
Publications in books
- Snoecks 2018, winning image of the Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2017 contest.
- World Street Photography 4 "The Finest Photos in International Street Photography".
- We Street 2016 "Street Photography From Around The Globe".
- World Street Photography 3 "The Finest Photos in International Street Photography".
- We Street 2015 "Street Photography From Around The Globe".
- Cover photo for the Missing Children Europe Annual Review 2016.
- Cover photo for the Leuven University Press publication Herinneringen aan de Holocaust.
- Illustrative photo for the European Union special of the Generali Group's corporate magazine Il Bollettino.
- Cover photo for the GEF publication Europe for Beginners.