Born in Kortrijk in the Orwellian year 1984, living in the picturesque city of Ghent, working as a human science teacher in Brussels, where the spirit of Magritte lives on.
Street photography reflects my passion for exploring human society and the human mind (including my own). For me, the photographic experience is all about embracing and escaping the now at the same time. It’s an existential experience, because it involves a quest for relationships and connections between urban and human elements, for the deeper levels of the visual language (with light, composition and color as my favorite photographic tools) which constitute our perception and understanding of reality.
On a metaphysical level, I see photography as a way of questioning the conflict between the human tendency to seek meaning and purpose in life and the human inability to find any. When embracing the absurdity of human existence (as Camus suggested), photography becomes a quest for a reality that is beyond the absurd, with the possibily of creating meaning in a nonsensical world, a transcendent realm where anything is possible.
- All Roads Lead To Rome 2019, 15 - 17 Nov 2019, Arte Borgo Gallery, Roma (IT).
- BSPF No More My Space 2019, 3 - 24 Oct 2019, Maison des Cultures Molenbeek, Brussels (BE).
- On Spot Exposition 2019, 18 - 30 Sep 2019, F64 Exhibition Hall, Bucharest (RO).
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2019, 2 - 28 Sep 2019, Bibliotheek Oostende, Oostende (BE).
- BREEDBEELD Lens op de Mens 2019, 6 Jul - 1 Sep 2019, Prov. Domein Dommelhof, Pelt (BE).
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen 2019-2021, 24 Jun 2019 - 5 Mar 2021, various venues in Flanders (BE).
- International Photo Festival Pelt 2019, 2 Jun - 30 Sep 2019, city centre, Pelt (BE).
- Street Sans Frontières 2019, 17 - 19 May 2019, Galerie Joseph Turenne, Paris (FR).
- Italian Street Photo Festival 2019, 26 - 28 Apr 2019, Officine Fotografiche, Rome (IT).
- Street Sans Frontières 2018, 23 Oct - 11 Nov 2018, DoubleRoom, Trieste (IT).
- More >>
Features & Publications
- Eyeshot Magazine, September 2019. My photo project Catharsis featured on the magazine's website.
- PhotoVogue, June 2019. Pic of the day on Vogue Italia / PhotoVogue.
- Optic Nerve, February 2019. Featured in 'Photo Of The Month - Behind the Shot!'.
- The APF Magazine, August 2018. Selected for 'Photo of the Day' on the APF Magazine.
- The APF Magazine, July 2018. Selected for 'Photo of the Day' on the APF Magazine.
- Photographic Mercadillo, June 2018. Featured on the 'Photographic Mercadillo' FB page.
- World Street Photography, June 2018. Five photos selected for the World Street Photography 5 book.
- Edge of Humanity Magazine, May 2018. Selection of my color street photography.
- 121clicks.com, April 2018. Interview with the popular photography website 121clicks.com.
- The APF Magazine, March 2018. Best of street photography from February & March 2018.
- More >>
Awards & Prizes
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2018 contest, First Prize.
- London Street Photography Festival 2018, Third Prize in the 'London photograph' category.
- ASPAwards 2018, two Honorable Mentions in the street photography category.
- Fotonale Brugge 2017, Third Prize.
- Fotocafé Kortrijk 2017, Second Prize.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2017 contest, First Prize.
- Brussels Street Photography Festival 2016, International Singles Public Award.