Born in Kortrijk in the Orwellian year 1984, living in the picturesque city of Ghent, working as a human science teacher in Brussels, where the spirit of Magritte lives on.
Street photography reflects my passion for exploring human society and the human mind (including my own). For me, the photographic experience is all about embracing and escaping the now at the same time. It’s an existential experience, because it involves a quest for relationships and connections between urban and human elements, for the deeper levels of the visual language (with light, composition and color as my favorite photographic tools) which constitute our perception and understanding of reality.
On a metaphysical level, I see photography as a way of questioning the conflict between the human tendency to seek meaning and purpose in life and the human inability to find any. When embracing the absurdity of human existence (as Camus suggested), photography becomes a quest for a reality that is beyond the absurd, with the possibily of creating meaning in a nonsensical world, a transcendent realm where anything is possible.
- Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2020, 19 Aug - 19 Sep 2020, online exhibition.
- Street Sans Frontières 2020, 13 - 15 Nov 2020, Galerie Joseph Turenne, Paris (FR).
- Fotonale Brugge 2019, 19 Dec 2019 - 12 Jan 2020, Brugotta Hal Burg, Bruges (BE).
- All Roads Lead To Rome, 15 - 17 Nov 2019, Arte Borgo Gallery, Roma (IT).
- BSPF No More My Space, 3 - 24 Oct 2019, Maison des Cultures Molenbeek, Brussels (BE).
- 5th On Spot Exposition, 18 - 30 Sep 2019, F64 Exhibition Hall, Bucharest (RO).
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2019, 2 - 28 Sep 2019, Bibliotheek Oostende, Oostende (BE).
- BREEDBEELD Lens op de Mens 2019, 6 Jul - 1 Sep 2019, Prov. Domein Dommelhof, Pelt (BE).
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen, 24 Jun 2019 - 5 Mar 2021, various venues in Flanders (BE).
- International Photo Festival Pelt 2019, 2 Jun - 30 Sep 2019, city centre, Pelt (BE).
- More >>
Features & Publications
- Street Sweeper Magazine, June 2020. Published in the magazine's "In Color" issue.
- Little Box Collective, April 2020. My work featured on Facebook and Instagram.
- Street Sweeper Magazine, April 2020. 'Belgitudes' series published on the SSM website.
- 100 street photographs for Pesaro, April 2020. Contributing photographer on the project.
- Life Framer Collection, December 2019. 'Catharsis' featured in the Life Framer Collection.
- Paris Street Photography Awards, December 2019. Third place in Street Art category.
- The APF Magazine, December 2019. Selected for the Weekly Challenge 'Mirror'.
- Street Photography Berlin, December 2019. Included on the list '25 street photographers'.
- XXZ Magazin, November 2019. Photo project 'Catharsis' featured on the website.
- StreetRepeat, October 2019. Featured on the website in the series Self-Repeat.
- More >>
Awards & Achievements
- Fotonale Brugge 2019, Finalist in the photography contest.
- Paris Street Photography Awards 2019, Third place in the Street Art category.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2019 contest, Second prize in the photography competition.
- BREEDBEELD Lens op de Mens 2019, Selected photographer for the curated exhibition.
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen, Selected photographer for the traveling exhibition.
- International Photo Festival Pelt 2019, Selected exhibitor for the international photo expo.
- Italian Street Photo Festival 2019, Finalist in the International Singles category.
- Indian Photography Festival 2018, Finalist in the street photography competition.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2018 contest, First prize in the photography competition.
- London Street Photography Festival 2018, Third prize in the London photograph category.
- More >>