Jeffrey De Keyser (born 23 February 1984 in Kortrijk) is a Ghent-based Belgian street photographer who likes to focus on the surreal and absurd condition of human existence. He sees photography as a mirror of the subconscious, as an existential inquiry into perception, as a way of questioning the Camusian conflict between the human tendency to seek meaning and purpose in life and the human inability to find any. His aim as a photographer is to portray a slice of the human condition, a glimpse of the subconscious mind through a universal visual language. His photography is strongly inspired by the surrealist movement.
His work has been exhibited and curated internationally, including at the Brussels Street Photography Festival, the London Street Photography Festival, the Italian Street Photo Festival in Rome, and Street Sans Frontières in Paris. Features that have been published online include PhotoVogue, Life Framer and Eyeshot Magazine. In Belgium, he has exhibited and been awarded at the Fotonale in Bruges, the photo festival ‘Lens op de Mens’ in Pelt, as well as at shows curated by the visual arts platform Breedbeeld.
His first solo exhibition ‘Catharsis’ - in collaboration with Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen - is currently on tour across Flanders, Belgium until June 2021.
- London Street Photography Festival 2020, 28 Aug - 30 Aug 2020, online exhibition.
- Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2020, 19 Aug - 19 Sep 2020, online exhibition.
- Street Sans Frontières 2020, 13 - 15 Nov 2020, Galerie Joseph Turenne, Paris (FR).
- Fotonale Brugge 2019, 19 Dec 2019 - 12 Jan 2020, Brugotta Hal Burg, Bruges (BE).
- All Roads Lead To Rome, 15 - 17 Nov 2019, Arte Borgo Gallery, Roma (IT).
- BSPF No More My Space, 3 - 24 Oct 2019, Maison des Cultures Molenbeek, Brussels (BE).
- 5th On Spot Exposition, 18 - 30 Sep 2019, F64 Exhibition Hall, Bucharest (RO).
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2019, 2 - 28 Sep 2019, Bibliotheek Oostende, Oostende (BE).
- BREEDBEELD Lens op de Mens 2019, 6 Jul - 1 Sep 2019, Prov. Domein Dommelhof, Pelt (BE).
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen, 24 Jun 2019 - 25 Jun 2021, various venues in Flanders (BE).
- More >>
Features & Publications
- Street Photographers Foundation, July 2020. My work featured on the website.
- 35awards, July 2020. Listed among "Best photographers in Belgium" at 5th 35awards.
- Street Sweeper Magazine, June 2020. Published in the magazine's "In Color" issue.
- Little Box Collective, April 2020. My work featured on Facebook and Instagram.
- Street Sweeper Magazine, April 2020. 'Belgitudes' series published on the SSM website.
- 100 street photographs for Pesaro, April 2020. Contributing photographer on the project.
- Life Framer Collection, December 2019. 'Catharsis' featured in the Life Framer Collection.
- Paris Street Photography Awards, December 2019. Third place in Street Art category.
- The APF Magazine, December 2019. Selected for the Weekly Challenge 'Mirror'.
- Street Photography Berlin, December 2019. Included on the list '25 street photographers'.
- More >>
Awards & Achievements
- London Street Photography Festival 2020, Finalist in the photo series category.
- Fotonale Brugge 2019, Finalist in the photography contest.
- Paris Street Photography Awards 2019, Third place in the Street Art category.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2019 contest, Second prize in the photography competition.
- BREEDBEELD Lens op de Mens 2019, Selected photographer for the curated exhibition.
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen, Selected photographer for the traveling exhibition.
- International Photo Festival Pelt 2019, Selected exhibitor for the international photo expo.
- Italian Street Photo Festival 2019, Finalist in the International Singles category.
- Indian Photography Festival 2018, Finalist in the street photography competition.
- Linx+ Bewogen Fotografen 2018 contest, First prize in the photography competition.
- More >>